Today kicks off Fire Prevention Week and this year we are focusing on, “Cooking safety starts with YOU. Pay attention to fire prevention,”
COOK WITH CAUTION!
- Leading cause of kitchen fires are due to unattended cooking.
- If you leave the kitchen be sure to turn off all hot surfaces.
- Turn pot handles towards the back of the stove, so no one can bump or pull them over.
- If a fire accrues place lid on pot to smother the flames, turn off all burners.
- Keep kids at least 3 feet away from all cooking utilities.
- Keep all combustible items away from stove.
- Remember PASS (pull, aim, squeeze, sweep) when using a fire extinguisher and if you are not comfortable, get out and call 911.